Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Milestones

OK, I realize that it's been quite a while since I posted here.  Work keeps me busy as always, so not a lot of time for stitching but I am making some progress on Maria Antoni and the Richmond Sampler.  And, I finally took Elizabeth Yeagers in to be framed last weekend when I was up in Madison.  It was hard to choose a frame but I think she'll look good when she's done!

This week is a week of milestones.  Over the weekend we went to Madison to celebrate my Dad's 80th birthday and had a lovely time.  The weather couldn't have been nicer and we took Dad out for a nice dinner on Saturday and then met my brother and his wife for breakfast and a walk through the Arboretum to see the lilacs on Sunday.  All of the flowering trees are at their peak (at least 2 weeks early!) which made for a nice drive through the Wisconsin countryside on the way up and back. 

Today is our 8th wedding anniversary.  Andy sent me some beautiful flowers and we're going out to dinner on Friday night to celebrate.  It doesn't seem like eight years since we walked down the aisle - how time flies! 



Maybe tomorrow I'll actually get out the camera and post some progress pics of Maria and Richmond!

4 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! Sounds like you had a lovely time with your dad and brother. Can't wait to eee pics of your WIPs -- all ones I'd love to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary Susan. Yes, it doesn't seem like eight years have passed since I traveled to Madison to attend your wedding. Time does fly for sure. I remember a lot about that day. I am anxious to see your WIPS and I check your blog every day. So good to see you wrote today. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary. I loved to see your progress pics of Maria and Richmond.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! And happy belated birthday to your dad, too.

    I'm looking forward to your WIP pics!

    ReplyDelete