She started with the border, but when she got all the way around...disaster, it didn't meet! We've all been in that situation before, and usually there is a way to fix it up with a small adjustment here and there. I took a look at it, found her small error but also discovered that the chart had a problem with how it was put together and that a row had "disappeared" when the different pieces were overlapped and so even without her error the border wouldn't have met up correctly. I promised to straighten it out for her, took it home and put it away to be dealt with later. Recently she mentioned it again so I got it out to see what I could do with it.
Mom and I have decided that this piece will be a collaboration so I am going to continue to work on the sky for a while, and maybe some of the other "over one" elements. We've never jointly stitched a sampler before so this should be a fun experience. Of course, the pressure is on as she reminds me every day that I should be stitching on her!