I am happy to report that I have finished The Richmond Sampler! I've been attending Jeannine's Sampler Seminar (aka Jeannine's Gathering of Embroiderers) for 15 years and this is the first project that I've ever done any serious work on once I got home. (I could make an entire blog post on that subject!). I really loved this piece and it was also not too intimidating - plenty of variety to keep it interesting but not so challenging that I would put it down and never pick it up again. I don't have turbo needles like some of you - this took an entire year - but it is finally finished. I had set a deadline of today so I could take it to the framer, since I am in Madison this weekend and won't be back for a couple of months. I barely made it but I stayed up until 3 a.m. and got it done. (And yes, my husband thinks I'm crazy). It's a pretty big piece so it was not an inexpensive frame job (trust me, DH doesn't want to know the details of that either!) but I think it will look great once it's framed.
Here are a few photos:
The house (I did a lot of those windows last night!):
Some of the animals: